Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Time FLIES....



When you're having fun, right? How 'bout when you're just going about your daily rituals? Anyway....point is, I haven't posted in over two weeks because I was thoroughly enjoying a visit from my Step Mom. She was our first visitor in this house we recently moved into, and I was scrambling like crazy to get everything "perfect" before she arrived. Needless to say,

THAT (the perfection) didn't happen, but we had a lovely visit nonetheless....



She was kind enough to accompany me on a much anticipated junking weekend to Ohio May 17-20. We met up with a bunch of my "Secret Society of Dirty Sisters" (NOT what you're thinking! We are an eBay seller's Group- check us out here: http://tinyurl.com/2s995d) Sisters in Springfield, Ohio. This is the first time I have had the opportunity to meet some of my online friends and I was not disappointed. We had SO much fun! Three days of laughter and junking with the girls- what more can a gal ask for? Thanks Kaffy, Diana, Jude and Jen and of course my step-Mom Karen....



For as long as it takes, I'll be posting pictures of all of the "treasures" (if you ask ME, they are treasures. If you ask the dear husband they are....well, I think you get the idea...) I acquired in less that 48 hours of shopping. I think between the six of us, we made quite a contribution to the economy of Ohio! This first picture is of my "instant collection" of old alarm clocks. They have so much character, don't they?


We stumbled upon a yard sale of just about nothing but old, non-working alarm clocks. They looked so kewl sitting there: traditional chime types, art deco style, round, square, all well-loved and way past their "useful" lives. I for one, LOVE the look of vintage pieces that at one point in time, were essential to every day life. Old phones, metal-blade fans and these alarm clocks are just a few examples.


Of all my timepiece treasures, I think this little guy is my favorite. At this point it its' life, the "Our Beauty" printed on the face is a little ironic, don't you think (I suppose that is in the eye of the beholder, but still...)? I am sure at some point in time, this was quite the snazzy little alarm clock. I also loved the fact that it only has one bell instead of the traditional two.....different is good....right?


RIGHT!


No comments: