Wednesday, October 3, 2007

ODE to Big Hair and Rubber Bracelets....



That's what I call the Fine Tunes playlist widget in the right column....


I started out with a gameplan: classy smooth jazzy or classical type music to enjoy while you're reading. Nothing too intrusive or likely to offend anyone....


But then I started browsing the fantastic music catalog over at Fine Tune (Thanks Cassie for sending me in that direction) and got nostalgic (*sniff*sniff*), waxing poetically about awesome big hair and gnarly rubber bracelets (thank you SO much, Madonna!)...



One my favorite movies: The Wedding Singer....how can you not love "Julia Goollia"??


I am a child of the 80's (class of '86): Styx, Journey, The Police, Crowded House, early U2, and yes, even (but only, again, early) Madonna.....So before I could control myself I was making this playlist dominated by an "I Love the 80's" Soundtrack. There are a few current songs. I love John Mayer, Michael Buble, Norah Jones, etc (don't think the last two made the cut this time though). There's a little bit of country (Lyle Lovett, Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Rascal Flats, even some Alison krauss from the "O Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack) and a few from the 70's (mainly the Eagles- love them!)....
So you have been warned....if you are NOT a Big 80's fan, you might want to avoid the music....for now. I promise I'll change it to something smoother soon, but for now I am enjoying my flashbacks.....


No comments: