Saturday, May 31, 2008

Confession Time....


I am in a creative slump.
I don't want to paint.
There.....I said it. This is where I am supposed to feel better, having admitted what I didn't want to admit, right??

Not quite sure what is going on, but I just don't really want to work.


That's one of the reasons I haven't really posted much this month. I have very little to share, creativity-wise. Any painting that I am doing is for Create and Decorate, contracted months ago. Thank goodness for that, because if I didn't have the obligation, I wouldn't be painting at all. Sigh...


I know the "mojo" will come back to me. Just hurry up and wait as Mr. Sunshine's Army buddies would say...


I have also committed to getting healthier during this deployment. Started Dr. Oz's "You on a Diet" program almost two weeks ago and I feel GREAT! Anyone else out there doing it? Very common sense, no calories or points to count. Just good for your body eating. I haven't had near as much trouble as I thought I would, and so far, I am down 6.8 pounds and 3.5 inches off my waist. Have a good ways to go, but not a bad start...

And since this post is such a hodge podge of unrelated bits of information and it's just not in my nature to leave you without a picture or two, I think I will share more "critter" pics with you. I am so enjoying my little feeding station right outside this window.
The pics can be a little hit and miss because I am taking them through the window, but I still enjoy them....hopefully you will too...

Isn't he pretty? Since you all were so helpful with my little sunny finches (thanks!) can anyone tell me what this guy is called? I love his scarlett "bandana"...

And of course the squirrels...I tell you, they may eat allot, but at least they are neater than the Blue Jays. They drive me nuts, flinging birdseed all over the place!

I also have pics of bunnies and wee little chipmunks (at least I think they are chipmunks) but they must be loaded on the desk top....I'll save them for another post....

Happy Weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

My bird info. comes from my mother...I'll have to ask her. I'm so glad your back. And glad to hear your're taking good care of yourself. I bought the book...but owning it hasn't helped my waistline.
I say share what you have and the rest will come along. I'll look at all the critter posts you want to do til you get your Mojo back!!