Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another "Just Because" Kind of Post

Things are so busy right now....

I am feverishly trying keep up with orders, and, you guessed it, that leaves very little time for old-fashioned creativity. And that little problem begets another...a good portion of the things I share with you here are new items or pictures of my kids, the weather, critters outside my door, etc (which I haven't been lucky enough to get good shots of lately)...
I try not to bore you with re-runs...

So what's a blogging girl to do?

Will you settle for some miscelaneous snaps of things that are inspiring me to at least think about being creative this Christmas?
I love this tinsel package ribbon. Looks enough like the old stuff to make me happy (but instead of being crinkly and stiff, it's soft and wired- fuzzy and controllable- a perfect combo)...
And while I may not get to craft with it for the upcoming holidays, I scooped it up anyway...Valentine's Day is coming hot on the heels of Christmas and I can realistically ponder making something sweet and Love inspired come January....I plan to have plans for this stuff (so organized, aren't I?)....
More vintage looking tinsel, this time from Bethany Lowe instead of Wallius Martius...paper flowers, vintage buttons, German Glass glitter , which I tend to "oooh and ahhh" over more than I use (but it does inspire me!). If it were fuzzy I might even pet it...and yes, I did actually pet my fuzzy tinsel, just a few times....
And my favorite find this year....
...this simple ( Hey, there's that word again. "Yes Virginia, sometimes the simplest things really are the best things.") Sugar 'n Cream Green Twist crochet thread...100% cotton...it reminds me of a faded wintergreen candy cane...perfect for tags...I have got to see if I can find these twists in other colors because they are, for some reason, calling my name....
Maybe it's that upcoming Lollishops opening that filling my brain with confectionary inspiration....
Until next time,
STEPH

5 comments:

Christa from Chloe Rose said...

Those are some inspiring photos Steph. I love glass glitter. I also really like the faded green yarn....it's simple, which I tend like this time of year ;o).

Blessings,

Christa
Chloe Rose

Anonymous said...

"brilliant observations" geez no pressure lol

That green/white twine reminded me of faded peppermint sticks too.

I just love the look of supplies; bottles of sparkly glitter, colorful ribbon, vintage twine. It's so inspiring.

yippeevintage said...

Hi Steph :)

Your photos are inspiring indeed! Beautiful supplies posing so artfully... I love it! btw... I'm glad I'm not the only one that pets tinsel, lol.

I know you're busy, but I nominated your lovely blog for the Marie Antoinette Blog Award... stop by and take a peek if you have a moment :)

Angela

Melissa @ Silly Bee's Chickadees said...

I love all your new ingredients! They look delicious and make my mouth water!!!

Anonymous said...

Tinsel packaged garland reminds of my childhood...so many fun memories decorating my mom and grandma's house!!!

Fun!!!!

Smiles,
KayEllen