Monday, November 26, 2007

My, MY....How time flies....


Well now that was quite a "Blog-iday" I took, wasn't it? I have been busy, and unfortuantely when you're extremely busy, something's gotta give. My poor blog was the victim this time.....
Allot has happened since my last post...

My wonderful in-laws visited us here in DC. We had a very nice two weeks- did all the sights in the area and took a day trip to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, home of the famous Civil War Battle. I love that place. To this day, you just feel the importance of what happened there during the Civil War. And the scenery is just to die for- a visual picnic for a primitive artist.....



A few of the great old houses....

One of many MANY beautiful monuments...this one was dedicated to General Robert E. Lee...


And this is my son in the "Devil's Den", quite appropriately named for more reason than one...because this is where my soldier husband got the call that we would be MOVING in less than two months! So now you know exactly WHY I have been so busy....

In seventeen years with the military, we have moved...allot....but usually we have some inkling that a move is impending. This was completely unexpected, out of the blue, shocking....whatever you want to call it, it was the first time we have felt like we've been hit by a Mack truck on a beautiful Saturday afternooon....an experience I don't care to repeat if I'm completely honest....

Soooooo......

It seems come mid-December, we'll be loading up the truck.....and moving to.....

NEW YORK.....









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya ... I can sooooo see you moving ... especially with all of your stuff tied to the top of the truck! How mortifying for that teenage in your life ... love the pics of Gettysburg and can't wait to see the scenery in NY!!!