Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What a Beautiful City I live in....for Just a bit Longer!


Well that visit from my in-laws I mentioned also coincided with my purchase of a new toy- a Canon Power Shot camera (S5 IS, if that means anything to anyone-lol!). It's got all sorts of bells and whistles and took a bit to get used to, but I have been having quite allot of fun learning how to use it. By no means am I an expert yet, but things are improving....

I took quite a few pictures of this beautiful city during my in-laws' visit. Thought I would share a few.....

I am sad that we were only here for two years (and there were some rough family times that ate up a good portion of that time)...didn't see near the stuff thatwe could have....But I WILL NOT miss the traffic and commotion that this town produces!! If you have ever even driven through DC, you may have an idea of what I'm talking about...the hectic pace of life and daily congestion (on the roads, in the stores, everywhere) that comes with a big city are just not for me....too much visual stimulation, if that makes sense....


Anyway, on to the pictures....

Can you guess the hand? Shouldn't be too hard, if you think about where I am...my feeble attempt at being "artsy" with my pictures...there will be a few more of these....

Yep- Ol' Honest Abe Himself....these are our pictures from the Mall. It was a very dreary day, but when you're on vacation, sometimes you can't wait for the sunshine.... The view from Abe's seat....

The Viet Nam Vet's Memorial..."The Wall"....this is probably the most moving place on the Mall. People really stop and study the names...

I had to wait quite a bit to get this picture with no one studying the writing, even on a blustery day....

This was not the only flag left that day....

I have many more but this will have to be continued...Like the Dwarves....Hi- Ho, Hi- Ho, it's off to work I go.....

No comments: