Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Monkey on Tuesday....

And this time, it's not my fault!

Blogger seems to have resolved its' issues and I have pictures again...hopefully my laptop will not get finicky and we can finish this post....

Right off the bat, if you would like to learn more about Monkey in the Middle Monday, just click here ....

And I do have a link to share with you this week....
Catnip Studio
Go take a look at what Kathy was up to this week...too cute!

And now it's time for me to share. I have been coloring this week, playing with my new Prismacolor Pencils...learning quite a bit and having fun with them too....Doing some more planning for the upcoming seasons ...

Recognize this guy?

I really want to start a line of prints meant for kids' rooms based on vintage children's toys. I love the old Fisher Price pull toys and have a small collection. Plus, I recently started collecting old game cards with adorable grapics. Got this circus themed set that is featured on my MitM banner above from my friend Kath's supply shop INeedThat .

And what better set to get some practice in with? These little guys make me smile every time I see them, particularly the Monkey (of course)...

I am also trying to work up a game plan for the holiday season, using pencil drawn art...

I have had these little Swedish pony shaped cut outs for a few years now, one of those "Do you think you can do anything with these because they are going in the trash if you don't want them" kind of gifts. I really do love the shape of them and can see them on a tree. My first thought was to go traditional, but I am not Swedish (my wonderful Step Mom Karen is -she was nice enough to give these to me, thinking I could do something with them) and I wanted to do something a little different. So I am experimenting right now.....


Gotta start somewhere, right? I think I am headed in a "cherry cottage" inspired direction on these, with lots of vintage trims and maybe just a bit of mica or German Glass Glitter sparkle...I can see it in my mind's eye, a whole collection of different but coordinating painted ponies...oh my!

....I think it will be cute....

But you never know until you try....

Until Next time,
STEPH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steph, These will be darling...Have you ever been to Lindsborg, Kansas? They have a wood shop that creates these Dala horses from tiny to huge...http://www.hemslojd.com/

Our son used to live in Salina, Kansas so I would get to visit Lindsborg...a neat place.

Love your blog.

Kathleen