Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Shades of Inspiration....

I have been a member of Sadie Olive's Shades of Inspiration Flickr Group since it's inception, but this is my first post for the weekly challenge (time just is not on my side). If you haven't visited SadieOlive's Blog or the Flickr Group before, make sure you click on the links above and check them out. Each week a new color challenge is issued.
Your assignment: get your camera in hand and start shooting; post the results. There are some absolutely beautiful shots posted in this group, so please don't laugh at my humble first-timer's offerings...
This week's challenge was Pale Blue and Brown...
An oldie but good for me. Never ever get tired of taking photos of my button collection. And when I can sneak in some vintage canning jars, well that's just icing...

A close up...this one is my favorite...


And there are allot of us who chose seashells as a subject (who doesn't think of the beach when you hear these two colors said in the same sentence?)....I just love the way the pale blue glass matches one of the shells...so soft and pretty....

Again, this second shot is my favorite of the two. The way the light makes the blues glass almost glow...picks up all of the bubbles and chips in the great antique canning lid...I can almost feel the saltwater in the air and the sand between my toes....

Hopefully, I will be able to continue to participate in this challenge. It's a great way to learn more about the art of photography...a hobby that helps the business (because it is so true-on Etsy, it's all about the photo!). Sweet!

Until Next Time,

STEPH

No comments: