Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Ring!! RING!!!

Can you hear the bells? See the yellow bus? Smell the gourmet cafeteria food?
I think this sign says it all...
Today is the first day of school!!!!
Remember that Staples commercial with the parents dancing down the aisles as they shopped for school supplies? The one with the Christmas song playing in the background: "It's the MOST wonderful time of the year..."
My 13, almost 14 year old daughter agrees with Mom...she was ready to go back three weeks ago. My nine year old son....not so excited- poor guy....
My studio (ie guest bedroom....lol) is calling my name. It's been more than a week since I've been able to paint at all, two months since I've been able to do it in peace...today will be a GOOD day....

2 comments:

Jan Thomason said...

You're so funny....you took a camera to school and took the picture of the school sign....you WERE ready for school to start! LOL I have one left in high school (and two in college) so it wasn't really any different for me when school started last week except for now I know exactly what time I'm going to hear that all important question every day......"what's for dinner??????" hahaha
Enjoy those precious daytime hours! Jan

SunshineandRavioli said...

Oh I feel like such a slug! No- I just sat here at my computer and MADE that sign! Check out Friday's post for my confession....