Friday, February 1, 2008

Humor Me...


I seem a little obsessed with the weather lately, don't I? I confess (and apologize), this snow thing has got my attention. In our wanderings, we have lived in Germany and Kansas, both places that are not unfamiliar with severe winter weather. But that was a long time ago (we left Kansas in 2003, so I guess it's not that long ago) and we have been living in more familiar surroundings ever since (Texas, Virginia)....


This is the view out my back door yesterday afternoon. I'm not so fond of the white stuff when it's coming down (specially if I happen to NOT be home when it starts), but I am literallly enchanted with what is left behind when it's done. There's something in the simple beauty of an expanse of "virgin" snow (don't go there! I'm talking about snow that hasn't been tromped through by my overzealous 9 year old boy) and how it twinkles in the sunshine (just like glass glitter- I LOVE that stuff!). Add the contrast of a very blue sky (no retouching in this photo, btw) and the simplicity of the bare brown trees and it's a beautiful sight. Even more so if you happen to be observing from your cozy living room.....


Give it another month or so and I am sure I will be complaining about the goopy, muddy mess this snow leaves behind as it melts, but for now....humor me.....


In other news, I have had a pretty nasty cold this week and made the mistake of taking two (count 'em) night time cold pills the night before last. Now for me, I KNOW this is a big mistake. If it says "Nighttime" anywhere on the packaging, one will do the trick (even "non-drowsy" medicine makes me nap) but I just wanted some relief and some sleep, not necessarily in that order. Well, I got both wishes. Unfortunately, I dealt with the fallout yesterday-sleeping until 10 am (unheard of in my world- I am an early riser) and feeling like I had been hit by a Mack truck the rest of the day (I never knew there were SO many "judge" shows on daytime tv!).....bleck....


To bring things full circle ( and stop boring you with my ramblings)...Don't think I will be taking anymore pictures like this today....Have a winter storm warning all day...you know they expect it to be bad when they cancel school before the storm has even started....






No comments: