Sunday, February 10, 2008

Monkey in the Middle Monday....

Starting something NEW...I got these cards on Etsy recently...Aren't they adorable? But honestly, that's not the point.....
Monkey in the middle Monday

Every Monday I am going to take photos of pieces in progress (That I am in the MIDDLE of working on), no matter what state they are in and post them here ...I usually have at least two working at any given time...later on, they may pop up on Etsy, or the website or maybe even feebay occasionally...

But here's the point (yes, I get there eventually)...

I hear from customers all the time "I wish I could do that!" and I am seriously of the opinion that, with enough patience and effort, they can! It's in the not-so-pretty beginning and potentially-frustrating middle of projects that allot of beginners give up. Personally, I find those middle steps just as interesting as the final product. Don't get me wrong I also get frustrated and sometimes I even put a piece aside because I'm just not feeling it . BUT I absolutely LOVE to see works in progress. One of my favorite blogs to visit is Bonehead Studios because she is SO generous about sharing the process of making her art dolls and scultures.

If you'd like to join me....post a picture of your work in progress (on Monday, of course)- painting, sewing, altering-whatever it is you enjoy .....drop me a note with a link to your Monkey in the Middle Monday post and I will post it here....regardless I will be posting my WIPS (works in progress) every Monday....

And if you'd like to borrow my Monkey in the Middle graphic (right click/save, please don't link directly) and join me on a regular basis, feel free!

Until tomorrow...


1 comment:

Mockingbird Hill said...

Okay...this is a great idea and I cannot wait to see what all of your creative buddies are up to!!

Really, Steph...great idea!!

Cassie